RNA 3D Motifs Instances Mapped on 2Ds
Available secondary structures:
- Escherichia coli 16S rRNA
- Escherichia coli 23S rRNA 5'-half
- Escherichia coli 23S rRNA 3'-half
- Haloarcula marismortui 23S rRNA 5'-half
- Haloarcula marismortui 23S rRNA 3'-half
- Deinococcus radiodurans 23S rRNA 5'-half
- Deinococcus radiodurans 23S rRNA 3'-half
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae 26S rRNA 5'-half
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae 26S rRNA 3'-half
Thermus thermophilus 16S and 23S can be viewed only locally.
Secondary structures provide a convenient way of exploring ribosomal RNAs and are familiar to many scientists. To facilitate navigating the RNA 3D Motif Atlas, we labeled publicly available 2D diagrams of rRNAs with links to RNA 3D motif instances from the Motif Atlas.
We used Representative sets of RNA 3D structures to choose representative structures for each molecule type and linked secondary structure diagrams with their motif instances. All motifs and motif instances are assigned unique and stable identifiers, so even as new structures become available, it will be possible to track the current motif group for each motif instance using the versioning system built into the RNA 3D Motif Atlas.
Special thanks to Alma Gonzales for preparing the PDFs.